So here it is 4 days late.
February was a good month for One Man, One Year, One Book. Here are some points to share:
- Our page views in January were only 82. In February we had 249 page views. That is a 300% improvement
- The sites busiest day was on February 24th, when I sent out a special e-mail announcing the Blog. 39 page views
- 7 posts were written during the month. The most often read was “Ja, Ja, Maar…”. In close second was “Moving Day…”
- Our first contest started. There is still time to enter your submission.
- We received our first bit of Spam as a comment! That is a significant milestone as it means someone who knows nothing about us or the Blog found us. It feels like the old days when the new phone book would come out and we would open immediately to our name to see it printed. It means we exist! 😉
Personally, it has been a good month. What started out as a personally challenging month ended on a high note. For two reasons:
- During the month my family caught up with me and we are all reading the same passages every day. This has been a plus to our dinner conversation as we discuss what we are reading.
- On the last day of the month my church voted to accept three of my peers and I to become their new elder team. It is a great challenge and we are all looking forward to the ministry opportunities.
Reading wise (the most important part) we have now read all of Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus and Job. We have started Numbers and should complete it, as well as Deuteronomy, Joshua and we will start Judges in March. Personally, Joshua and Judges are two of my favorite Old Testament history books. I anticipate lots of writing.
I am still interested in creating a dialog. How are you doing on your daily reading? Are you enjoying it? Have you found your routine that makes it easy to not fall behind? What has worked for you? What has God been teaching you? How has your life been impacted? Have you shared the blog with anyone else?
Thanks for reading with me.