Time for my monthly update. Many topics to share:
1. Actual Reading Plan: I am very happy to say that my family and I continue on track. With recent readings we have fully completed 10 books (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel and Job) plus significant parts of 2 Samuel and 1 Chronicles in addition to many Psalms. I have heard from many friends who are also on path, and a few that need some encouragement.
2. Creating a Dialog: April showed that we continue to create a dialog. In April we had more comments and discussions than the other three and 1/2 months combined. We had over 50 comments in April. For me this is one of the exciting parts of the blog writing experience. For me the comments are my reward. Thanks for commenting.
3. Page Views: Our growth of visitors continues to increase! In one sense it is quite encouraging, but in another it is scary. With monthly page views growth of nearly 41% this month, how am I going to keep the up? It seems like I have to come up with even more insightful ideas to keep the momentum going. Yesterday, we had our biggest day this month (79 views). Check out this growth in page views:
- December 2009 = 20 views
- January 2010 = 103 views
- February 2010 = 249 views
- March 2010 = 690 views
- April 2010 = 982 views
4. Posts: The good news here is that I have been able to keep up the pace with 26 posts in April. Additional good news is that on the average day more people come each month.
- December = 4 posts / 2 average views per day
- January = 5 posts / 3 average views per day
- February = 7 posts / 9 average views per day
- March = 22 posts / 22 average views per day
- April = 26 posts / 33 average views per day
We will have our first guest posters next two weeks as I will be on vacation in ICELAND with my son and brother. This is a new phase for the blog – let me know what you think
5. Web site enhancements: I changed the theme two or three times in April. I think this new one is rather good, though the gallery of photos has an issue with the captions. You can subscribe with the link on the far right column.
Don’t forget you can subscribe to the blog by signing up. That means you will get an e-mail each time the blog is updated. It is on the top right column.
Finally, I want to continue to make sure I am not giving the wrong impression. The blog and site is not about generating numbers and web traffic. The goal all along has been to get people into God’s Word more, on a daily basis. As I communicate with people about the blog, I know that they are doing exactly what I had hoped and prayed. They are in the Word daily. Whether it is my family that is reading the Chronological full year plan or the young married couple that are going through the 60 Day Chronological condensed plan or the student who is trying to get his reading in while keeping up on his studies, I know people are reading more. That is what this is all about.
I hope and pray that you are bringing God’s Word into your lives on a daily basis.