Time once again to give you all an update on how the chronological Bible reading and the Blog itself are going.
Reading Plan: I am very happy to say that wife, daughter and I continue on track. Admittedly it was a bit difficult while I was on vacation in Iceland. My son has struggled since the vacation, but he desires to get back on track. With recent readings we have fully completed 12 books (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 & 2 Samuel, 1 Chronicles Job) plus significant parts of 1 Chronicles and Psalms. I admit that I struggled a bit in Psalms, too many at once for my liking (see post “An Omniscient God”).
Conversation: This month’s posts did not generate as much conversation as last month’s. Less than 40 comments. However, the depth and content of the comments have been very insightful to me. There are some solid people with solid Bible knowledge following the blog. That is a new encouragement to me.
Some Blog Firsts: This month saw a few blog firsts.
- We had two guest bloggers (Ricardo and Jubin). They did a fine job in adding to the conversation while I was on vacation. I am always interetested in more. Let me know if you are interested.
- We had more posts than days in the month. This is mostly due to my double posting while on vacation. I posted on my Bible reading and on my vacation day by day.
- We had more than 100 visitors in one day. On Saturday, May 1st we had 145 visitors. I am still unsure what caused us to have 4 x’s our average daily views.
Blog Growth: We definitately had a good month. Page views are up to over 1400 and are growth is still near 50 % each month.
Here are the most frequently viewed posts of the month.
- Home page 303
- Day 3 – On the road again 62
- Iceland 2010 57
- Our Awesome God 42
- Day 0 – Three burgers in three countries 41
- Trust in Jesus Christ 35
- Day 2-One fine day 34
- Day 1 – two tires at once 34
- Readers of the Word 34
- Day 4 – Missed it by 40 KM 33
- Day 7 – A day of prepositions! 32
- Directions to a son 30
- I hate my work, seriously, I hate my wor 27
- Day 5– Leaving our mark on Iceland 27
- Listen to my voice in the morning, Lord 27
- Day 8 – Are we going to get candy now? 26
- Day 6 – Is it fjord or fjör 19
- A Master Craftsman Named Plimtuna? 19
- Day 9 – Finishing with a bang! 19
- An omniscient God 17
- Who formed these mountains? 17
- A Heart After God’s Own 16
- I Dream of Jeannie 14
- Pray Towards this Temple? 14
- Advice to the next Supreme Court Justice 14
- Not so hidden lessons from our past 14
- I was senseless and ignorant 14
- Pick 4 14
- More than a fortune cookie filler 12
- From Every Nation 12
I am predicting that our readership (page views) will go down this month. I do not have any exciting trips to the side of a volcano planned. That trip to Iceland in May was easily 1/3 of our readershiip.
I am looking forward to the return to solid history with the succession of kings and prohets that we will being to read in just a few days. There are many stories to be told and lessons to be learned.
Thanks for reading along with us.